We are currently looking to hire an innovative, experienced Product Engineer in the Charlotte, NC area.
Since being established in 1962, Jim Myers & Sons, Inc (JMS) has become one of the nation’s leading designers and manufacturers of water and water treatment equipment and systems. This success is the result of our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels collaboration and ongoing innovation. We use equal parts innovation, quality and reliability to create comprehensive, solution driven product offerings for our customers. Learn more about us at www.jmsequipment.com.
Why join the JMS team?
- Family owned and oriented workplace
- Make concepts a reality by working with a team who has become one of the best in the industry
- Ability to grow and write your own success story
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Excellent training
- Great family work environment
- Paid vacation and holiday
What you’ll be doing:
The Product Engineer position at JMS is a vital member of the Engineering Team and is a diverse high paced position with the following primary responsibilities.
- Project calculations, budget, timing, and quality
- Strong ability to design mechanical equipment with high attention to detail
- Adhere to project schedule and specifications to meet the time objectives and milestones
- Develop and maintain internal design and engineering standards
- Perform detailed analysis and calculations
- Proper communication with internal customers in sales, engineering, manufacturing and customer service
- Work effectively & efficiently with project team members on multiple projects simultaneously
- Interface on technical issues with manufacturing, sourcing, and field installation
- Some travel to plant sites required for field measurements, installation support, and troubleshooting
- Participate in Product Teams to help improve JMS products
What you’ll need:
- High level of knowledge/experience with applying engineering principals to electro-mechanical equipment
- Expertise with completing engineering calculations
- 5 years of experience with the design of mechanical equipment, weldments, and assemblies with high attention to detail
- 2 years of experience with 3D & 2D design and detailing with SolidWorks & AutoCAD a plus
- Strong communication skills including the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Desire to learn and to continue developing knowledge and skills
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant field of engineering with equivalent combination of experience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, machining, etc.
- Experience with the municipal water and wastewater industry
- Experience with material handling systems (conveyors and bulk storage), structural design and detailing software (Risa, Tekla or equivalent), and FEA and/or CFD
Interested in joining the JMS team? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Myers and Sons, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer