Are you an innovative, hard-worker who likes to work to continuously improve products to solve market conditions?
We are currently seeking an experienced, deadline-driven individual as a Product Development Engineer in the Charlotte, NC area.
Since being established in 1962, Jim Myers & Sons, Inc (JMS) has become one of the nation’s leading designers and manufacturers of water and water treatment equipment and systems. This success is the result of our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels collaboration and ongoing innovation. We use equal parts innovation, quality and reliability to create comprehensive, solution driven product offerings for our customers. Learn more about us at www.jmsequipment.com.
Why join the JMS team?
- Family owned and oriented workplace
- Work and collaborate with a small team who has become one of the best in the industry
- Use industry-leading technology and the best tools available to ensure success
- Working in a stable industry with strong growth potential
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Excellent training
- Great family work environment
- Paid vacation and holidays
What you’ll be doing:
The Product Development Engineer position is a vital member of the Development Division and R&D Department. This is a diverse, high paced position that will work closely with the Vice President, R&D Manager, and cross-functional Product TEAM(S) to develop new and enhance existing products that fulfill the company’s strategic goals while integrating the needs of the market.
- Enhance products to solve market conditions with specifiable features
- Develop eloquent designs that simplify the complexities/intricacies of products reducing overall costs
- Develop, enhance & automate master SolidWorks models improving speed & accuracy of downstream CAD process
- Develop, enhance & automate tools to improve speed & accuracy of the application engineering & estimating process
- Develop, enhance & maintain master product templates (SolidWorks models, specifications, etc.)
- Develop, enhance & maintain master product manuals — Organize, standardize, and streamline access to all product information and create detailed product and component cut-sheets
- Execute the design, prototyping, and testing of products to ensure they meet guidelines for standards/functionality
- Continually evaluate overall product costs based on market feedback from Product Managers
- Work with Manufacturing Department to optimize the fabrication, machining, and assembly process
- Assist Product Managers with leading Product-TEAMS to complete priority tasks on time
- Some travel to plant sites required for troubleshooting of existing installations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields of engineering with an equivalent combination of experience
- No excuses approach with a driving passion for going above & beyond exceeding expectations with results
- Expert-level SolidWorks proficiency with proven ability to create robust 3D models utilizing API for automation
- Expert-level Microsoft Excel proficiency with proven ability to create robust product/engineering tools
- High-level computer programming (VB.net) proficiency with proven ability to create robust product/engineering tools
- High-level of knowledge/experience with applying engineering principals to electro-mechanical equipment/products
- High-level of knowledge/experience with completing complex engineering calculations
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft 365: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a creative yet logical thought process
- Strong communication skills, flexible, easy to work with, ability to take direction, and complete tasks on time
- Strong attention to detail, extremely organized, and self-motivated
Nice to have:
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Experience with structural design and analysis software (RISA)
- Experience with power transmission equipment including motors, gearboxes, chain drives, shafts & bearings
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, cutting, lasering, welding, machining, etc.
- Combined experience in product design, product/application engineering, and product/research and development
Interested in joining the JMS team? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Myers and Sons Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer